Product Designer – Ensight
Ensight™ is a leading US FinTech / InsurTech technology company focused on transforming the sales experience for the $600+ billion-dollar life insurance, long term care (LTC), and annuity sector.
We partner with insurance carriers and leading national distributors to provide SaaS-based sales acceleration solutions that make selling life insurance, LTC and annuities simpler, more profitable & a stunning digital experience. The Ensight sales acceleration platform helps our clients drive operational productivity, improve sales effectiveness, and transform the advisor and consumer experience at the point of sale.
Today Ensight is the market leading Life, Annuity, & LTC digital sales acceleration platform for 1,000+ US distributors and insurers.
Ensight offers a progressive environment with remote (virtual) working, casual dress and additional benefits. Located in sunny Del Mar, California, just a half mile from the beautiful Torrey Pines State Park and beach, Ensight is building a modern, fun-filled tech-centric environment on par with the most exciting Silicon Valley technologies companies!
Ensight is venture-backed by one of the top investors in the United States.
As a Product Designer at Ensight, you will:
- Be a core part of the Ensight Design team, helping us reimagine the sales process for the life insurance and annuities industry.
- Work tightly with the Director of Product Management and New Markets on a wide variety of projects.
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Product Designer to build a high-performing design department.
- Work across a number of functional areas, including Product, Sales, Business Development, Client Success and Marketing.
- Immediately start contributing valuable work to a fast-moving, highly committed team.
- See design work rapidly go from ideation to live deployment.
- Be deeply involved in the end-to-end design process for both existing and new software modules within the Ensight platform.
- Design solutions for both the industry as a whole, as well as our client base of individual large insurance carriers.
- Create user flows, low and high-fidelity designs and clickable mocks, both for ideation and engineering pass-offs.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer’s business and personas.
- Conduct user interviews and feedback sessions to inform the design process.
- Advocate for an extraordinary customer experience, based on a deep understanding of our client’s needs.
- Design for a wide variety of personas, many of whom are not advanced users of technology.
- Be able to design tactically for the Ensight platform of today and strategically for the Ensight platform of the future.
- Ensure consistent application of design thinking processes and solutions across the Ensight platform.
- Initially, work with oversight, but progress to working and leading design projects with minimal supervision.
We are looking for someone who:
- Thinks outside of the box - you never utter the words: “Well, that’s just the way things are done”.
- Is comfortable switching it up – someone who can move from thinking about UX, to visual appeal, to specific project needs, and beyond.
- Is driven by design aesthetics, but whose designs are deeply anchored in usability.
- Is excited about using design and software to tell an industry’s story.
- Loves to do research but thrives on rolling up their sleeves and getting things done.
- Sees a concept through from ideation to execution.
- Is comfortable using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform the design process.
- Is a sponge when it comes to learning about our user’s business, and who isn’t afraid to delve into the details of complex insurance products.
- Is comfortable operating in a scrappy “get the job done” environment and is also excited to help build out a more formalized design role within our organization.
- Enjoys operating “in the grey”, working to tease out user’s needs and coming up with creative solutions for their pain point.
- Has experience working with remote engineering teams.
- Two years’ experience designing software products.
- Excellent visual and UI design skills.
- Strong user experience design skills: understands information architecture and multi-step flows.
- Strong product-thinking skills: understands how designs support user goals, team's goals, the broader product vision, and company objectives.
- Proven experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research to inform your design work.
- Skilled in the modern design stack, including Figma and Sketch as well as the Adobe design suite.
- Experience working at other fintech or insurtech startups not required, but a strong plus.
Please include a link to your portfolio, website or Dribbble.
- Remote first environment
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation